Monday 29 November 2010

Pretty polka dots and sparkly cupcakes

This is a little gifty I made for my friend Hilary's birthday. I found the template for the cupcake on the lovely blog homemade by jill.

After realising a plain background wasn't really going to make the cushion look anything special, or particularly exciting, I rumaged through my million and one draws of scraps of fabric and found the very cute and fitting pink and white polka dot fabric. If it looks familar, it maybe because you remember this?

In my humble opinion, I think it works really well with the cupcake and actually think the Union Jack looks very sweet!

I love the whole cupcake phenomenon that's happening at the moment, and I'm super proud of my interpretation of the trend...and Hilary was pretty happy with her present, so everyone's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment